Monday, February 18, 2008

understand my world

I met my female informant over the weekend, since she had the flue we could not really speak with each other. She comes over to show me her Tatoo. She got a tatoo on her neck; saying her name. My jaw dropped on the floor, I asked her when, how and now what all at the same time.
She was not at all hesitant in telling me the whole incident, it all happened when she had gone for her vacation to Chicago, where she and her cousin sneaked out of the house to get one. Some how her mother, has an intuition of her acts. She calls her on her cell phone and confronts her to speak the truth. She spoke the truth that she already has one and now nothing can be done about it. To her utter surprise her mother did not say a word when she came home. Apparently, she realized the issues which will be created when her grandparents and her father finds out about her. It is still under wraps; and she trusts me for not to share this information to her family.
I acknowledged her wish, and turned it into command.

1 comment:

Professor Rubenstein said...

wow--on her neck? not good!We will see the film skin tribes in class--
how to understand this act?
identity or rebellion (same thing?)