Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Got the car

The following week, the male informant called me and asked me, if I could come with him to give a final verdict on his choice 'Acura 3.2 XL'. He lowered his choice by couple of decimal points. I really do not have much knowledge about cars and could not given him a good advice. Therefore I convinced him to bring his mother along. The journey began with a complete silence for 15 minutes, finally his mother broke the silence, and continued saying how she and informants dad were okay with his choice and will try their best to accomodate it.
My male informant gave me a look and looked at his mother and said, I f you guys would have not accomodate my choice then I would have left the house." This statement gave me jolt, how can todays kids bully their parents? Don't they understand the word resposibility?
Ultimately, we reached the Acura car showroom, and the informant and his mother negotiated their way into buying his car. And captured him in his own conditions, where he will go out partying only on Friday's.
Both Mother and son, had a smile on their faces for their own reasons, the informant got his choice of car and the mom struck a deal on a reign of conditions.

1 comment:

toni collins said...

I really liked hearing your writing in class today. It was great hearing your descriptions of this family and the language choices used in your interview! Thanks for sharing....toni